A Nonparticipating Parent is someone that logs on to the system, may or may not belong to any groups themselves, and is a parent for one or more children. They do not have a Christmas List. They can view their group(s), if they are members of any, and the groups of the child(ren) that they are a parent for. This is a nonparticipant with children.
We'll call this a NONPARTICIPATING PARENT user.
If this user is added to any group as a participant, they will be converted to a PARTICIPATING PARENT.
What they can do
- Cannot add suggestions
- Add comments to any gift they can see
- Change the status on any gift they can see
- Add gift to their CHILDs list that will not be marked as a Suggestion
- Subscribe to a group they or their child is a member of to receive email about new gifts added by someone in that group
- Receive emails regarding any comment on their CHILDs gift that is flagged that they can see
- Receive emails regarding any comment on any of their CHILDs gifts
- Receive emails regarding any comment on others gifts that they have commented on